No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

Update a DB using Custom SQL

By @matty
    2022-10-28 03:22:36.835Z

Hi there,

Can you let me know what I am doing wrong here? thanks!

• 3 replies
    1. D
      Daniel Horton @daniel.horton
        2022-10-28 09:08:06.714Z

Hi matty,

Before we go any further - are you aware that the Select state running here would be used to optionally trigger an Insert or Update based upon whether a return value is found? I'm just curious as to whether you are attempting to pull a single value or value(s) back for further use in your Automation because if you are then you need to reference the following action type instead - https://support.thinkautomation.com/#lookup-from-a-database

1. M@matty
            2022-10-28 16:15:19.236Z

yes I want to update the DB

1. DDaniel Horton @daniel.horton
                2022-10-31 09:55:07.478Z

Okay then looking at your current setup the main issue appears to be within the Parameter in the lower half of your window. For this it is recommended to click on the Name field and you'll notice a drop down selector appears for the field name. You can then cycle between all of the Parameters you will have declared. They begin with @ values within here. This is my example and it works successfully against my small test table I made:

If you accidentally add additional lines (as I did) then you can right click and select Delete on the row.