No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Questions

Error adding to Excel File. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

By isedwinr @isedwinr
    2022-03-26 14:40:02.044Z

Hi,

I'm trying to get the "Update Excel file" action to work to update a local Excel file, but I get this error

Error adding to Excel File: C:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\xyzreport.xlsx The process cannot access the file ' C:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\xyzreport.xlsx' because it is being used by another process.

This is because sometimes I have also opened the file in Excel 365 Desktop at the same time to add data into it.

I would like to know how to use the same file in both TA and via Desktop at the same time. And whether this is something that I have to solve / overcome in Excel or in TA

If that is not possible then I can of course get around it with an external reference to a separate Excel file where TA adds the data

regards,

Edwin

• 3 replies
    1. R
      @readar
        2022-03-29 16:51:40.076Z

Have you tried the Excel workbook sharing option?

1. Iisedwinr @isedwinr
            2022-03-30 11:05:19.354Z

Hello @readar,

Thanks, I tried that but maybe it's the fact that I use the same MS Account for both (?)
            Today i received the error again without being in biot at the same time so maybe a concurrent Action made a change to the same workbook/sheet

Edwin

1. In reply toreadar:
              Iisedwinr @isedwinr
                2022-04-02 10:38:39.754Z

Also tried the co-authoring settings ...but it seems Microsoft has a strange (not workable) way of setting this up pffffff

• Progress
                with handling this problem
              • I@isedwinr closed this topic 2022-04-12 14:04:56.762Z.